About/contact Licensing Wholesale News Where to buy Custom Products Gallery Shop Online ScoutDog Studios Home ScoutDog Studios Home


Sunday, August 31, 2003
I love lists. In fact I make lists of lists and must rewrite my list over and over just to make sure that I have everything covered. I cannot live with out my To Do list. Since most of the time my lists have to do with work and what I need to get done, I thought it would be a nice break to start making lists just for me. And I invite any of you to post and share your list as well in the comments area.

It seems that recently that many people in their attempts to save the world, which is a good thing, seem to also reject and negatively react to the idea of being selfish. I know that it is unrealistic to believe that you can be selfish and do what makes you happy all the time but for many of us (me for one) who have lived most of our lives for other people and doing what we think other people want us to do, being selfish is a difficult and challenging idea. So after this long-winded explanation my first list is called "Give Yourself a Break! Dare to be Selfish! Me! Me! Me! List." This list is of all of the things that usually make me feel guilty but are all about me doing what makes me happy. I choose to be happy without feeling guilty!

Give Yourself a Break! Dare to be Selfish! Me! Me! Me! List
1. When someone asks me what I do I will say "I am an artist" without apology.
2. Spend an entire day in the studio painting and creating without a To Do list. Just let it flow.
3. Take the afternoon off for spirituality and go to a yoga class, enjoy a chai latte and sketch.
4. Spend an entire day with my husband without turning on the computer or looking at the To Do list. Go to an afternoon movie; order a pizza for dinner and drink my husband's fancy margaritas; and make hot fudge brownie sundaes (another specialty of my husband's).
5. Buy a new pair of shoes.

That's it for now. Please share your happiness list below. The next list will be "Live your Dreams! Follow your Heart! No Fear."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"Samson"
Vote


DogOscopes SAGITERRIERUS


ON TWITTER



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called 365 Days of ScoutDog. Make your own badge here.


SCOUTDOG ON ...
  • MySpace
  • YouTube
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn

    MY WEBSITES
  • 365 Days of ScoutDog
  • DogMatic Table
  • CatMatic Table
  • Dogoscopes
  • Catoscopes
  • High Pocket Pals
  • Just a Boy and His Dog
  • Just a Girl and Her Dog

    OTHER DOG SITES
  • Michelle Abeyta
  • Ron Burns
  • Dog Art Today
  • Stephen Huneck
  • Nathan Janes
  • Anna Kuperberg
  • Tim Racer
  • George Rodrigue
  • Studio Bella
  • Amy Turner
  • Kathy Weller


  • ScoutDog Studios HomeAbout/ContactLicensingWholesaleNewsWhere to buyCustom ProductsGalleryShop OnlineScoutDog Studios Home



    COPYRIGHT 2008
    WEBSITE BY ANGRY SQUIRREL STUDIOS