About/contact Licensing Wholesale News Where to buy Custom Products Gallery Shop Online ScoutDog Studios Home ScoutDog Studios Home


Monday, September 22, 2003


So today's question is ... do you know what happened two years ago today? (My husband knew but that is because I tend to celebrate every important date every month ... this humors as well as annoys him.) Well it might not have special significance for you but for me it was one of the best days of my life.

On Sept. 22, 2001, Matt and I got engaged and I was completely surprised. It was one of the most magical days. We were on the Big Island of Hawaii on vacation and decided to spend a day hiking in Volcanos National Park. We did some exploring and ended up hiking down to the crater of the volcano and started walking across the vast lava field. It was like being on another planet. We were the only people out there and it just seemed like there will miles and miles of black lava with a path marked by piles of lava rock.

We walked for a few minutes across the crater and then Matt decided we should take one of our classic self portraits. Matt set down the backpack and kneeled down to get out the camera ... or so I thought. Then he grabbed my hand and I turned and looked at him and he was on one knee with a little box in his hand. Before he could even finish the proposal and question ... I started yelling "Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes." I still get butterflies. But we did get the self portrait (see photo above) and we carved our initials in a shelter (with many other explorers) on the hike back out of the crater.

And to celebrate our engagement we first had to stop by the bookstore and get me some cheesy wedding magazines and then we ordered our traditional celebration pizza and ate in on our bed in our hotel. It was the best day.

So happy Second Engage-versary Matt. Thank you so much for asking me on that day and if you asked again today you would get the same response and more .... YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!. I am so happy and thankful that I get to spend my life with my best friend and my soul mate. I love you Spanky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"Samson"
Vote


DogOscopes SAGITERRIERUS


ON TWITTER



www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called 365 Days of ScoutDog. Make your own badge here.


SCOUTDOG ON ...
  • MySpace
  • YouTube
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn

    MY WEBSITES
  • 365 Days of ScoutDog
  • DogMatic Table
  • CatMatic Table
  • Dogoscopes
  • Catoscopes
  • High Pocket Pals
  • Just a Boy and His Dog
  • Just a Girl and Her Dog

    OTHER DOG SITES
  • Michelle Abeyta
  • Ron Burns
  • Dog Art Today
  • Stephen Huneck
  • Nathan Janes
  • Anna Kuperberg
  • Tim Racer
  • George Rodrigue
  • Studio Bella
  • Amy Turner
  • Kathy Weller


  • ScoutDog Studios HomeAbout/ContactLicensingWholesaleNewsWhere to buyCustom ProductsGalleryShop OnlineScoutDog Studios Home



    COPYRIGHT 2008
    WEBSITE BY ANGRY SQUIRREL STUDIOS